I have participated in the following professional development throughout 2016:
- Sue Larkey Autism Course in April, 2016 to help teach a students in my class with autism.
- Amanda O’Connel: Learning with Digital Technologies in March, 2106 with a focus on how what digital tools we are currently using.
- Mark Osbourne PD in January 2016 – looking at the evolution of teaching and what modern teaching looks like in today’s classroom.
- Mark Sweeny: Using action research as a professional learning tool seminar in March, 2016 with a focus on inquiry for teaching.
- Kapa Haka informal PD during Kapa Haka time on Tuesdays every week during Term 1. Learnt about Maori pronunciation, different waiata and karakia which then empowered me to take non-kapa haka Maori lessons.
- First Aid Course with Medic First Aid in the Term 3 school holidays.
- Observations of Rosemary and Helen teaching Reading Recovery to help me to meet the needs of some students in my class.
- Visit to Island Bay School to look at how they use Digital Technologies in their everyday teaching and learning.